To advocate, educate about, and celebrate the preservation of historic and other significant properties in Downers Grove and the area. The strategies to achieve this mission statement include:
- Promote, and provide support to, the Village of Downers Grove’s landmarking program.
- Actively assist owners in landmarking their buildings.
- Be a voice for preservation in the village by working with appropriate village committees, commissions, and legislative bodies.
- Interface and cooperate with other like-minded organizations.
- Provide information about historic preservation including options for landmarking, adaptive reuse, and other historic preservation topics.
Downers Grove Landmarked Buildings 2024 Calendar
(You can also pick up a calendar at Andersons Bookshop on Main Street)
The Edwards House was located at 942 Maple. Built in 1898 and demolished in 2015. Read about what happened here.
We Need You!
Do you have historic photos, a renovation story or resources you would like to share? Click to contact us!
Receive updates via email about upcoming meetings and events regarding historical preservation in Downers Grove. Your email is private and will not be used for any other purpose. You can unsubscribe at any time.