Historical Renovation Resources
This list is provided as a service to residents, it is not an endorsement and we make no guarantee or warranty, express or implied.
- General Contractor, Mike Stevens of Sievers and Stevens
- Illinois Restoration Resources
- Rebuilding Exchange: 1740 W Webster Ave, Chicago
- Ancestory.com search by address to find census information, take to the Downers Grove Musuem to research
- Downers Grove Library, there is a section in the upstairs with a history of Downers Grove.
- Recorders Office in Wheaton
- Property Tax Records in Wheaton
If you would like to recommend a contractor that specializes in historic restoration, please contact us:
Downers Grove Resources
Downers Grove historic plan and ordinance is currently under review and will likely change in the near future. Downers Grove Historic Preservation The Village Council adopted a Historic Preservation Ordinance (Municipal Code: Chapter 12) on July 3, 2007 and the Historic Presevation Plan 2009 to preserve the Village’s historically significant buildings and sites. This ordinance established the Architectural Design Review Board as the Village’s Historic Preservation Commission and includes provisions to protect property owners from allowing others, including the Village, to enact preservation regulations without the owner’s consent.
- Downers Grove Municipal Code Chapter 12 Historic Preservation
- Village of Downers Grove Architectural and Historical Survey
- Downers Grove Architectural Design Review Board (ADRB)
- Downers Grove Plan Commission
- Comprehensive Plan
- Pierce Downer’s Heritage Alliance
- The Downers Grove Historical Society
- Landmarks Illinois Preservation Resources Incentives and Grants
- National Register of Historic Places in Illinois